Are you have children? It’s that time of year again. Your child is counting the days to his or her birthday and that is stressing you out. What can you do this year? Theme parties are popular with all ages. Carnival theme party ideas are numerous. Clowns and balloons on the invitations will set the mood. Carnival food is fun to make and fun to eat. Inexpensive prizes will put a smile on each guest knowing they earned it. Pool Party! It’s summer and you don’t want numerous kids trampling through your house, so here’s a simple solution. Make the party outside. You can get out the grill and slap on some hamburgers and hot dogs while the kids play in the water. You don’t have to have an inground swimming pool to do this. Kids love water in the summer, so slip-n-slides and baby pools will work perfect. Make a game of it: whoever slides farthest gets a prize, or bob for water balls.
It’s “My” Birthday. Why do you always have to do all the work? Bake a sheet cake big enough for your little guests and let them gather around and decorate themselves. Not only are they having fun, but working together while doing it!
Get Creative. Give them finger paints and let them create their own Birthday Party shirts! Let them use their imagination to put together a work of art they can wear.
Sleepover. Invite your child’s friends to have a sleepover. Let them tell ghost stories and play games. You can let them stay up late and watch television also.
Elmo Theme. Uh-Oh! Dorothy’s gone! Where could she have gone? Make a scavenger hunt to find where Dorothy is. Let them use hints to look outside and inside for her. Children can participate in groups or hunt alone. Let the kids do arts and crafts too. Print off pictures or find Elmo coloring books. They can color Elmo and his friends while having fun.
Outdoor parties have an advantage if the weather is nice. You can find many activities to keep them busy outside. You can have the refreshments served outside and have less clean up afterward.
- Moon walks or inflatable jumpers are always a hit. They can be a bit expensive to rent, but your guests will be entertained for hours. Be sure to have an adult supervising the children. Limit the number of players and evict the ones that don’t obey the rules. You don’t want anyone getting hurt and ruining the party.
- Dunk tanks are fun for teens and adults. These are very popular in the warm summer months so be sure to reserve your dunk tank at your local rental store in advance. You will need a hitch on your vehicle to tow the unit, ask about delivery.
- Frozen drink machines (for kids or adults). Slushy drinks are very refreshing on a hot summer day. If using a commercial frozen drink machine from your neighborhood rental store, be sure to follow all instructions.
- Party Canopies for shade and rain. Rainy days can put a damper on a party. If you do not have a covered deck or garage, it is a wise idea to rent a party tent. Even if it does not rain, your older guests attending the party will appreciate the shade on a sunny day.
- Duck pond games will insure even the youngest guest in getting a prize. You can make your own with a small blow up swimming pool and plastic ducks from the dollar store. Put a number or star on the bottom of the ducks before placing them in the water. Some rental stores rent duck ponds like they use at the real carnivals.
Indoor parties will take a bit more planning. Hopefully you have a large room or basement to host the birthday party. You may have to limit the number of guests.
- Balloons are always a blast. You can purchase helium balloons at a party store. Be sure to get plenty for decorating, games, and for guests to take home.
- Cotton Candy is the first place the children run to when you go to the carnival. Small units are available to purchase but they are usually small and it will take you a long time to make them while the impatient visitors wait in line. Call your rental store to see if they offer any package deals if you rent more than one machine. They will have the sugars and sticks and show you how to use the machine properly.
- Hot Dogs are easy, inexpensive and a favorite of most children. Boil them up or cook them on the grill if you are outside. Sno-Kones will cool off the kids after playing the games and jumping in the fun house. Rent a professional machine with original syrup and your guests will think they are at a real carnival.
- Popcorn is a healthy snack. You can pop a few bags in the microwave and scoop it into individual lunch bag servings. Professional popcorn machines and movie theater popcorn pre-measured packages are available at most rental stores.
- Ring toss or bean bag games can be constructed from household products. Visit your dollar store for hacky sacs, buckets and balls.
- Top off the party with a clown or magician depending on your budget.
- Prizes for the games could be candy or snacks. Check your dollar store for toys like bubbles and balls for prizes.
A birthday party with a carnival theme will be more fun and cost less than a party held at a restaurant. When the party is over and you returned all of the rental equipment, relax, you deserve it. Dora the Explorer Theme. Hola vamos, everyone let’s go! What kid doesn’t love Dora the Explorer? Use activities on the show to plan the birthday party. For example, use Map to make a map or trail to a place where the presents are hidden. Dora the Explorer is not only about fun but is a great learning experience too. Make it the same for your kids’ party! Cut our number and letter cards in the shape of a pathway. Play this game like you would musical chairs. Call you a letter or number when the music stops. The children have to figure out which person is on the letter or number that was called out. A prize for this game could be a purple backpack or number and letter flashcards.
Veggie Tales Theme. Veggie Tales is all about teaching kids morals. Help them learn! Pick a moral and have the kids explain to you and give you an example of what it means. For instance, if the moral is to not be selfish, the child could say that it means to share your toys. Another activity you can do is give the children different kinds of vegetables from the show and let them dress them up how they want. There are many ways you can do this. You can just let them draw on them with markers or you can let them decorate them with art supplies.
During a child’s birthday party the key is to entertain and imagine. Find crafts and arts that will be easy for children to do. Entertain them with games and let their imagination run wild. Let them win prizes to show them that their good actions are rewarded. Prizes can include anything from a simple toy to a candy bar. Decorations could include banners, streamers, party hats and whistles, confetti, and balloons.
Incoming search terms:
- party ideas
- birthday party
- party themes
- party ideas for kids
- kids party food
- party ideas for girls
- party idea
- pink party ideas
- birthday party pictures
- party kids ideas